Where can I find band managers? Ask fellow musicians, do some research to see who manages your favorite acts, ask promoters and bookers when you do your shows, and so on. If you are at the point where you need a professional manager, then you are at the point where you know people who can make these recommendations.
How can I become a good band manager?
- Honing Those People Skills. Mike Windle / Staff/Getty Images.
- Being the Responsible One. Waring Abbott / Contributor/ Getty Images.
- Learning the Music Industry.
- Handling Multiple Jobs for a New Band.
- Being the Neutral Party in Band Disputes.
How do I start a band manager?
- Develop business skills. A band manager needs to develop business skills including negotiation, financial management and product development.
- Learn the industry.
- Work for an artist management group.
- Find acts to manage.
- Make a business agreement.
- Promote band.
Do you need a degree to be a band manager?
What Is a Band Manager?
|Degree Required||Bachelor’s degree is most common but not necessarily required|
|Mean Annual Salary (2020)||$98,070*|