What skills do you need to be a band manager?
- The ability to multitask.
- Financial literacy.
- A DIY spirit to create opportunities for your clients.
- Relentless drive.
- Some fluency in the artistic language of music.
- Connections within the entertainment industry.
- A passion for artist management.
Do bands need a manager? Many artists just starting out are aware that having a manager is important, but they don’t quite know what that role is responsible for. This is a person that you’ll be working closely with and paying, so it should be clear to you exactly what they do.
How can I be a better band manager?
- Honing Those People Skills. Mike Windle / Staff/Getty Images.
- Being the Responsible One. Waring Abbott / Contributor/ Getty Images.
- Learning the Music Industry.
- Handling Multiple Jobs for a New Band.
- Being the Neutral Party in Band Disputes.
What education do you need to be a band manager?
|Degree Required||Bachelor’s degree is most common but not necessarily required|
|Education Field of Study||Business; communications; music management|
|Key Responsibilities||Negotiate contracts; network with record label representatives; promote clients|