What does a band manager actually do? Band managers assist bands in making sound business and creative decisions. They help bands to secure record deals, ensure that band members attend band practice sessions, and negotiate contracts on behalf of bands. Completely free trial, no card required.
What skills do you need to be a band manager?
- The ability to multitask.
- Financial literacy.
- A DIY spirit to create opportunities for your clients.
- Relentless drive.
- Some fluency in the artistic language of music.
- Connections within the entertainment industry.
- A passion for artist management.
How is a band manager paid? New Bands. Managers receive commissions of between 15 and 25 percent of the artist’s gross earnings, plus reimbursement for travel and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Do you need a degree to be a band manager?
What Is a Band Manager?
|Degree Required||Bachelor’s degree is most common but not necessarily required|
|Mean Annual Salary (2020)||$98,070*|